Saturday, May 15, 2010

H.S. Poetry Part 18 (No Escape, Choices, Dissension, Masquerade)

No Escape

We live
We die
We laugh
We cry
He laughs
She cries
They live
They die
I love
You hate
There is
No escape
I live
I die
You laugh
You cry
They scoff
They jeer
They roar
They cheer
We live
We cry
We laugh
We die
I love
You hate
There is
No escape





Choices

A life of choices
What to do?
Choose light
Or darkness
Make war
Or peace
Can there be
Pain without healing?
Can there be
Bliss without sorrow?
The way of earth
The way of divine
A choice of a greater power
Or a destiny of a greater existence
A fire extinguishes a puddle
A flood drowns a candle
A fallen angel
A risen devil
What are choices
But a destiny of life?
Choice of darkness
Freedom, selfish desire, greed
Choice of light
Conformity, oppression of weak, selflessness
Evil exists in the pure
Justice can be found in corrupt
A plea of death
Acceptance of evil
A cry of life
Succumbing to good
Choices hurt
Choices heal
A final word
A finite world
Ancient technology
Advanced artifacts
A far cry from the future
A close laugh from the past
The present is clouded
The future is hidden
The past is destroyed
Tomorrow’s yesterday is today
Choices are nothing
But are the end
Make your life
One of nature
Calm and innocent
Unknowing of corruption
Accepting the outside choices.

3/26/04




Dissension

Chaotic life
Destructive forces of humanity
A bloody weapon
Stabs into flesh
Death breathes heavily
Sorrow is a wellspring of lamentations
Anger soon follows, a wave of fury
Inhibition is inevitable
Acting without reason
Paranoia, fear, superstition
A thought of monsters and magic
Foolish concepts of discord
A society ruled by fables
Without conflict, change dies in vain
A mysterious sage
Without name
Has arrived to spread lies
But any who question the prophet
Are chastised
His greatness speaks volumes
A graybeard that shrouds golden locks
Temptation, hatred, desires unfold
And dissension ends it all

10/12/04



Masquerade

Opening doors I never saw
A party of familiar voices
Opening my eyes, I blink twice
I see new faces from unknown
I talk as normal, but then I find
They aren’t the people I thought I heard
Who must we lie and mask
The fears of the world we have?
My mask is twisted macabre
A face of a madman’s dreams
Laughing without end
Smiling without thought
A malicious grin hides a gentle smile
What to do? What to try?
I gasp and clutch my head
I can’t think! I can’t feel!
A throng of music and sounds
I fall to the ground
And tear off my façade
“Join the party,” they say
I smile and start to dance
I care not what they think now
I join the masquerade

3/4/04

No comments:

Post a Comment