Friday, May 21, 2010

H.S. Poetry Part 21 (Wrong, Why Do They Hate Me?)

Wrong

“You’re wrong” they say
What did I do?
I try to fit in
But that doesn’t work
What’s right and wrong
A mirror that’s broken
Shattered visions and thoughts
Cloud truth and concept
I ask for help
They try and teach
But the lesson is blurred
And I continue to fail
I try to explain
I try to teach
But they don’t even turn
Their heads to see
Fall to the ground
And think to find
The answers to my problems
But someone will try
To learn what I teach
And I won’t be the one
Who says, “You’re wrong”

3/12/04




Why Do They Hate Me?

Living in a world of shadows
I stand, a silver light
I’m not the same as they are
But they say I’m not right
Why do they hate me?
I try to smile and laugh
But it’s not the same for I
I know that laughter isn’t the truth
Why do they hate me?
Is it because they are afraid
Of what I could do?
Are are they simply faded?
Why do they hate me?
I live my life for nothing.
I live my life for me.
Can I love for another
Who can truly love me?
Why do they hate me?
Perhaps, I hate them
Perhaps, they don’t hate
They don’t understand me
I am so cold
You are so warm
Lukewarm people are not so bad
Why don’t you hate me?

12/16/03

No comments:

Post a Comment