Friday, May 21, 2010

H.S. Poetry Part 20 (You Watch Me, Sentiments, Vortex)

You Watch Me

You watch me
Like a bird of prey
I am your sustenance
Like a temple priest
I am the heretic
I am your enemy
I am your ally
Do you care?
You still see me
My every move
My every thought
Why do you stare?
And haunt me so?
You drive me mad
With your constant watch
But maybe because.
I also like to watch

12/21/03





Sentiments

Love is gracious
Love is kind
Love is changing
Peoples’ minds
Benevolence
Unchanging grace
Bringing outcasts
Face to face
Ancient beings
Timeless dark
Future uncertain
To them we lark
Emotions warping
Melted glass
A strange new concept
But alas
Unnecessary feelings
Illogical thoughts
Humans are strange
But not all are sought
Some are lonely
Some are strange
Some feel hatred
Mind rearranged
Insanity cries
And sorrow weeps
The reaper sighs
His watch he keeps
Feelings confusing
Emotions lost
Great power is gained
But at what cost?
To lose one’s soul
And gain the earth
Is not true power
But passing mirth
Concluding life
Concluding fate
Sentiments abounding
It is far too late

5/21/04






Vortex

It’s a little quiet now
Every sound jumps out
It strikes your ears
Banging like drums
A rustle of paper
Scratches of lead upon it
Coughs and sniffles of winter colds
The silence breaks
Strangely open sounds
Blending into chaotic clouds of colloquialism
Storms of socializing slang
Acrostic, pnemonic, platonic
Emotions, desires, duality
Right and wrong, evil and good
I’m angry and you’re sad
You want to go outside
While I like inner solitude
Silence outside is fun
Inner empty voices fall dead
But just wait a little longer
And maybe they’ll start up again

10/25/04

No comments:

Post a Comment