Friday, May 21, 2010

H.S. Poetry Part 22 (Who are They? The World Is Confusing)

Who Are They?

Who are they, the people I know?
The people I call my friends
On the outside, they seem so strange
But inward, they have a spark
One of my friends has azure hair
And touches women where they shriek
But he has a more artistic side
Under his lecherous ways.
Another friend gets sugar highs
Some thinks she loves women
Some think she belongs elsewhere
But she has a side we never know
Another friend, she seems so strange
Wearing black and speaking softly
But she has talents, her very own
She will take her destiny by the throat
This certain girl, she draws all day
Nothing else consumes herself
She seems so selfish, so insecure
But aren’t we all a little bit of that?
Another lady, she dances happily
A sugar high on pocky sticks
She skips around and hugs her friend
She has her ways and you have yours
Another friend has a short fuse
But his music speaks volumes
Though he has strange ways
We don’t care
A taller friend
He seems a jester, smiling all without
But within he has other faces
He is not a clown, but an actor
And the other friends
I know so little
They speak not their minds
But that’s alright
I know they care
But the others around us
They seem to glare
And laugh and sneer at our faults
But we don’t care
We say to them
Who are they?

12/17/03





The World Is Confusing

My life has been confusing
My life has been a trial
I’ve loved, I’ve lost
My feelings have been lost and found

I see my peers and acquaintances
I loathe them and I love them
Deceived, denied, detested
Loved, loathed, left

The world is cruel, the world is good
The world is confusing
The lives of some are next to perfect
The lives of some are next to insanity

My life has been a bit of both
My parents have seen my successes
My friends have seen my failures
My person has been warped and crushed

Am I sad? Am I glad? Am I good? Am I bad?
Soon I will find out the mystery
The world gives up to me
But until that day begins

I will continue contemplating
Some may succeed, some may fail
Some will live and some will die
Many will live a life unfulfilled

But many will find their destiny
I hope that mine will find me

No comments:

Post a Comment